Friday 9 August 2024

ARE YOU READY, GET SET, GO!

Luke 12:35 Be dressed for service and keep your lamps burning, as though you were waiting for your master to return from the wedding feast. Then you will be ready to open the door and let him in the moment he arrives and knocks. V.38 …But whenever he comes, he will reward the servants who are ready.

“Are You Ready? Get Set! Go!” Do you remember those words when we were in a school race? I would do my best even though I was not fast but I ran anyway! I was ready.😊

Jesus says to us all “Get ready”! He wants us ready and available at any moment in time, ready to answer His prompting to say or do something for Him. This is not a race of speed, it’s a daily walk with Him by our side, in conversation with Him. We can be so preoccupied with our own pursuits that we forget we are on call 24/7 to the Master, to the One who gave everything up for us so we could be called His friend, His brother, and God’s son or daughter.

This past few weeks I keep hearing the same thing, whatever I turn on, whatever I read “Get ready, be ready”. God has assignments for all of us if we belong to Him. I know of one 82 year old lady who has started a bible study for prisoners! She was ready!😊 Do you belong to Him? Then He has things He wants you to be ready to do too. And He has rewards for those who are!😊

When we join a new firm they train us in their way of doing things, in their company ethos. In the same way God wants us trained in His way of doing things, in His kingdom principles for life but He wants us to go out and use them wherever we go. 

Do you keep promising yourself you’ll spend time with God but never quite get round to it? If so this is a strong nudge from God today because He is specifically asking you and me, “Are you ready? Ready for My return? Ready for Me to use you? If not, then get ready!”

Matthew 24:44 You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.

Lord, help us and show us how to get ready for whatever You have planned for us to do, and to be ready for Your return. In Jesus’ name. Amen.


Photo: Braden Callum at Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment