Sunday 11 August 2024

GOD ASKS QUESTIONS

Job 38::1 Then the Lord answered Job from the whirlwind: 
Who is this that questions my wisdom with ignorant words?….

v.4 Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?....
v.5 Who determined its dimensions and stretched out the surveying line? 

v.6 What supports its foundations, and who laid its cornerstone 
as the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy? 

v.12 Have you ever commanded the morning to appear 
and caused the dawn to rise in the east?

v.36 Who gives intuition to the heart and instinct to the mind? 

v.37 Who is wise enough to count all the clouds? 
Who can tilt the water jars of heaven..?

Job chapters 38-42 are worth a read because they really give us insight into the power and majesty of our God and how mighty He is. 
Hebrews 1:3 reminds us that Jesus upholds all things by the word of His power.

Job comes to recognise how small he really is and how awe inspiring His God is and all that He can do. In the end he says “I will cover my mouth with my hand. I have said too much already. I have nothing more to say.”  

Maybe we’ve felt like that sometimes too? Perhaps we’ve all wanted to challenge God at some point, to ask our ‘Why’ questions, but at the end of the day we come to realise, like Job, that God is our Creator and His power is immense. What boggles the mind is that this same God loves each one of us to the point of giving us His Son Jesus, the One He held most dear to His heart, to die for us, for mankind to belong to Him and spend eternity with Him if they choose to.

I don’t know about you, but my heart is just overflowing with gratitude that He wants anything to do with me at all, let alone forgiving all my sins and giving me a home in heaven! How about you?😊

Can we join together in praise today to our awesome God and draw close to Him as He draws close to us, as He wraps His loving arms around us and hear Him tell us He loves us to the Cross and back. Can we just let go our questions in the light of His love and trust Him with the things we can’t understand because we can’t see across time and eternity and He can? 

He is worthy of all our praise and He wants us to trust Him and know His heart is always to bless us. Amen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment