Thursday 22 August 2024

MOUTHS OPEN WIDE

Psalm 81:10 (NLT) For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.      

Have you ever seen a picture of baby birds in the nest? Their little mouths are open wide, cheeping to attract the attention of the mummy bird. They want their mouths filling and they’re not afraid to show it!😊

I wonder how wide our mouths are open today? God was speaking to the Israelites and remonstrating with them for not allowing Him to be their provider, not allowing Him to bless them beyond their imaginations. They had gone to false gods, other people, to other providers, and they needed reminding who their real source of blessing was - God Himself.

Psalms 81:13(NLT) Oh, that My people would listen to me! Oh, that Israel would follow me, walking in my paths!  v.14 How quickly I would then subdue their enemies!… v.16 But I would feed you with the finest of wheat. I would satisfy you with wild honey from the rock. 

God is saying the same to us, His people, today. “Open your mouth wide and I will satisfy you!” That is for you and me! Let’s believe it and be like this hippopotamus, like the birds in the nest. I love the fact He wants to give us the finest not the least, the honey, the sweetest, not the sourest! 

The Israelites didn’t deserve it, but God wanted to do it for them anyway! We may feel like we don’t deserve to ask God to fill us with the finest and the sweetest and yet He says He wants to, but He can’t fill a closed, unwilling mouth! It’s like trying to feed a baby that doesn’t want solids and they shut their mouths tight so nothing can go in!😊

What do you need at the minute? Then go to your loving Father, open your mouth wide like the hippopotamus and let Him fill it with the finest and the sweetest, the everyday things of life, big and small. In Jesus name. Amen.


Photo: Glen Michaelsen at Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment