Saturday 15 July 2023

THOUGHTS VERSUS THOUGHTS

Isaiah 55:8-9 For My thoughts are not your thoughts… For as the heavens are higher than the earth…so are My thoughts than your thoughts.

If I was to say to you ‘Big black snarling dog’ that’s probably what you’re thinking about. But if I now say ‘Beautiful tranquil lake, surrounded by willow trees with swans and cygnets gliding serenely across in the sunshine ’, your thoughts will have changed accordingly!

So the principle is, when we have black depressed thoughts the only way to get rid of them is to deliberately replace them with different thoughts altogether that lift us up, like victorious, God inspired thoughts.😊 One thought will displace another.

When we think, ‘I’ll never get better, never get out of this situation, things always go wrong for me, I wish I could be more successful’ etc. the only way to rid ourselves of those thoughts is to think God’s thoughts. ‘God is restoring my health, He has good plans for my life, God loves and approves me, I can do all things through Christ, God is causing me to succeed because He’s for me and His favour surrounds me like a shield.

Although we may feel sorry for ourselves sometimes, God knows when we genuinely want to change, so whatever gloomy thoughts we find ourselves dwelling on, with God’s help we can replace them with positive uplifting thoughts from His word and we wont be able to stay down. We get to choose whether we think about angry dogs or serene swans!😊 

If we can remember that God still loves us very deeply, that He’s given us a Power inside that is greater than anything this world can throw at us, that He says we are a victor and not a victim, then we’re half way there.

The battleground is in our mind and we have the casting vote as to what we choose to think about, so let’s ask the Lord to help us make them His uplifting higher thoughts.😊

Have a God inspired weekend.x

No comments:

Post a Comment