Friday 14 July 2023

LEARNING TO TRUST MORE

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart…

Another of the dog walkers who passes our house has a rescue Rottweiler who wears a special collar saying ‘Nervous’ because he was ill treated, so it takes him a while to trust people. When he sees me now he sidles up with his rear end and bumps my legs as if to say ‘it’s ok you can stroke me now’ but he never approaches me head on. He still has ‘issues’ although he’s a lovely gentle dog!

I was thinking how helpful it would be if people wore a sign saying how they were feeling, just to give us a warning like the dog’s collar.😊 It might say ‘‘Fragile’, or  ‘Worried and uptight’. Or ‘I need a hug’ or ‘I’m struggling!’ We all know that’s not going to happen but it’s wise to remember we can’t expect each other to be mind readers!

Psalm 139:2 You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. The comforting thought is that our Father God does know us inside out so He knows where we’re coming from, or what’s happened in our day. He knows what ‘sign’ is invisibly hanging round our neck!😊 whether we’re bubbling with joy, worried, down, or nervous, etc. He embraces us with great love and says ‘It’s Ok, I understand already, but tell me all about it’. Even if we have days when we may not feel like talking to anybody! 

Well can I encourage each one of us to know that God cares about it all and even if we’re like the dog with trust issues, He wants us to learn to trust Him enough to tell Him all about it anyway, believing He will work it out for our good

When we come to Him, we’re coming to the One with the love and understanding we need. He has the comfort, the ability to sort it out and the joy and peace we need to restore us but He can only help us if we trust Him enough to ask Him to!😊


No comments:

Post a Comment