Thursday 20 July 2023

GOD DOESN’T RUSH INTO THINGS

Jeremiah 10:23-24 I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, Lord, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die.

A very kind friend gave me a kit to make a needle case with the pattern printed on the cloth with heat erasable pen which I should have remembered! Instead I saw that the cloth was all creased so without thinking I promptly proceeded to iron it so it was ready to sew, only to find the whole pattern had disappeared as if by magic! What a ninny! How could I forget it was heat erasable!? So then I had to try to copy it freehand from the paper picture but I think it turned out OK in the end.😊

It does pay to think things through before we do them, doesn’t it, instead of just rushing ahead? No doubt you’ve experienced making a mistake as well and wished afterwards you’d given it a bit more thought!

God doesn’t rush into anything, He plans well in advance and tells us He has plans for each of our lives that will really bless us and not harm us if we trust Him to lead us and do as He asks. God is never taken by surprise or wishes He’d thought a bit harder first! He knows what He’s doing.

He tells us the path of the righteous will get brighter and brighter because He knows what He’s planned for us. He says goodness and mercy will pursue us all the days of our lives and that He goes before us into each and every day with new mercies and loving kindness.

So even if we’ve been impulsive or made a mistake and need correcting, let’s keep going back to the Lord and ask Him to put us straight and redirect our paths if we’ve taken the wrong route, knowing He will be gentle with us because of Jesus. He’s bigger than our mistakes and really can turn them round for our good.😊 Thank You Lord.

Jeremiah 29:11”For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope….”

No comments:

Post a Comment