Tuesday 4 July 2023

HE KNOWS YOUR NAME

Isaiah 45:3 I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness - secret riches. I will do this so you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, the one who calls you by name.

I was listening to a testimony of a young woman who had led a very rough, hard life but had felt drawn to a local church. They were genuinely caring, and took the time to find out about her life so she kept going back. The comment she made which touched me was “They know my name.” Up until that point no one had cared for her, or about her enough to find out her name and when these people did, and showed they loved her, it began to change her life as she discovered God loved her too.

Can I tell you today that God not only knows your name but He calls you by your name and He doesn’t forget it. What a great thought that the God who created all things, and with his own hands stretched out the heavens, and all the stars are at His command, this same God calls you and me by name.😊

Our God is personal, not removed or far away but He knows every detail of our lives and He cares about all that is happening. He offers to walk with us through each moment if we’ll allow Him to.

Isaiah 43:1 … ”Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine.

On Sunday we looked at belonging to God but He seems to love reminding us about things and here He is doing it again in this verse. He takes it one stage further and reminds us that He doesn’t just call us by name but that we are His, we belong to Him, so we don’t need to be afraid. 

We can walk through our day and under our breath keep reminding ourselves, “I matter to God, He  knows me and calls me by my name and I belong to Him. Thank You Lord.”  

I hope that lifts you up today and puts a spring in your step and a smile on your face.😊

No comments:

Post a Comment