Sunday 23 July 2023

GOD’S UNFAILING LOVE

Psalm 63:3-4 
Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you! 
I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer.  
V.6 I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night.
v.7 Because you are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings; 
I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely. 

God’s unfailing love - where would we be without it? But praise God we’re not without it and never will be because of Jesus and His shed blood at the Cross. He showed us God’s unfailing love in action, and it still calls to us down through the ages of time and for all eternity. Praise His name.

David wrote this psalm while he was in the wilderness and he gives us the impression he would lie awake at night and, rather than toss and turn, he spent his disturbed nights in meditating on God’s wonderful love for him. What a good idea instead of going over our problems again and again!

He spent the small hours of the night in praising God and thinking how he was sheltering under the shadow of His wings. It’s such a lovely thought we might do well to get this psalm out when we can’t sleep and remember we’re under God’s protective wings all night and by day.😊

He takes it a stage further and tells God how he’s so dependent on Him that he is literally clinging on to Him, clinging to His unfailing love for him. In his mind’s eye he’s seeing God holding him steady and securely with His strong right hand, knowing He’ll help him deal with whatever his future holds.

So next time we can’t sleep, why not let David guide us through what he did and see ourselves singing for joy under the shadow of His wings, wrapped around by His loving arms, holding tightly on to God’s hand. I think we might just drop back off to sleep a lot easier in order to wake up and praise God some more - for His never ending, unfailing love. Amen.😊



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me to say "thank you God for protecting me and giving me the gift of life". A short but most important sentence we fail to say in prayer. What a shame.
    We ask for material things instead.
    This message today touched my heart. What i have gone through in my life has entirely been with the grace of God 🙏
    A little thank you is enough for the God and just wait for miracles to flow !
    Blessings 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you too my friend.🙂🙏

    ReplyDelete