Friday 28 July 2023

HAPPY ENDINGS!

Isaiah 43:1-2 …Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned. Nor shall the flame scorch you.

I love happy endings, don’t you? Whether it’s a book or a film. I can cope with tears in the middle as long as there’s a smile and hurrah at the end. 

I’ve just started reading  the book of Job and before I started I said “Lord thank You Job had a happy ending.” So even when I read all the sad bits in the middle I know the happy bit is coming. Although he went through great loss, he ended up with double what he lost and all within about ten months - he had a very happy ending, despite unhelpful friends, and a grumpy wife.😊

I believe God loves happy endings too! It’s why He gave us Jesus to rescue His world that He loved so much. He wanted as many people as will believe in Jesus to have the happy ending He has planned for them. Yes, there will be sad bits in the middle, bits we don’t understand, the times when our heart feels broken, like Job, but God never leaves us there does He? He’s promised to bring us out to a glorious finish, to an inheritance in Jesus that will blow our socks off.

So whatever situation you are in at the minute, keep trusting Him, knowing that God is in the middle of it with you and He’s bringing you, not just through, but out, to a place of safety, a place of blessing and healing and restoration. Psalm 18:19 He also brought me out into a broad place. He delivered me because He delighted in me.

He is a good God and His plans for us all are to bless us and help us mature to be more like Jesus Himself as He leads us onwards and upwards towards our final happy ending with Him.😊 Thank You Lord. 



No comments:

Post a Comment