Wednesday 31 July 2024

IT’S GROWING SEASON

Ephesians 4:15 (NLT) Instead we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church.

Our daughter has just given me a beautiful bunch of sweet peas which she grows in her garden and the smell is wonderful. Unfortunately, I don’t grow them in my garden and so I began to think about what we are each growing in the garden of our lives. 

If we’re not growing certain things then we can’t experience them for ourselves or share them with others. So what would we like to be growing? I’d like to be cultivating sweet peas of compassion and love for people. I’d like flower borders of kindness daisies, of forget-me-nots of patience and longsuffering. I’d like to be growing roses to give off a beautiful encouraging fragrance wherever I go and I’d really love some big bold faith sunflowers. I hope you get the picture!😊 

How about you? What would you like to grow in the garden of your life? Maybe you’re more a person for herbs that bring flavour, to taste and help others see that the Lord is good? Or maybe you would be a vegetable grower to feed and nourish and build up others in your life?

Wherever we go and whatever it is we grow, it’s always the growing season, and I pray we may all grow in the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ, grow in the knowledge of God and of His immense love for us, and all of us to grow in faith. And when we’ve grown some of the lovely fruit of the spirit may it be a blessing to everybody around us.

Just before I go, don’t forget all gardens have weeds and we don’t want them to grow! So Paul reminds us to not grow weary in well doing, that if we don’t give up we will reap a harvest. So keep an eye out and don’t allow any of the nettles of the weary variety to grow, or thistles of strife or envy.

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in the knowledge and grace of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ…

Enjoy your growing season everybody.😊x

2 comments:

  1. Love this word of encouragement, and sweet peas are my favourite flower. Once picked they don't last long but left on the vine they grow for a good while. A bit like us - don't thrive so we'll on our own - we need to be with others and Jesus. Also every garden of life should grow Peace lillies! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouraging comments and so true and I like the idea of growing peace lilies.😊

    ReplyDelete