Saturday 20 July 2024

ENJOY THE LITTLE MOMENTS

Psalm 118:24 NLV  This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us be full of joy and be glad in it.

Do you ever find yourself looking forward to something so much, you almost wish your life away? It might be a wonderful holiday of a lifetime or going to see a loved one you haven’t seen for ages, but if we’re not careful we forget to enjoy the day we’re in and appreciate it’s own good things. We may forget everyday is a day the Lord has made and gifted us with.😊

It can be fun to find the joy in the moment, to laugh at something small that someone else might not have noticed, even laugh at ourselves when we do something silly! It’s better to laugh and see the ridiculous side of things than to allow it to upset us and make us cry.

We were on our country walk the other day and there was a whole swathe of wild flower poppies, cornflowers, and big yellow and white daisies. They were absolutely stunning and it was one of those moments when we felt we had to stop to take it all in. It would have been so easy to just pass it by and think nothing of it.

The Lord blesses us with lots of what I call ‘little moments’, like when a robin landed on my friend’s foot as she sat in her deckchair, or when you find the last parking space in the car park, or someone lets you go before them in the queue if you have one item and they have a trolley full. Those little things bless us don't they?😊

We all know life can be very challenging but it’s also full of the goodness of God as He gives us these little blessings along the way and He helps us have a grateful attitude. One of my friends sees the bright side of everything even though she’s been through far more than most. I love her positive attitude because she inspires me to be the same and she’s one of those uplifting people who has learned the secret of enjoying the little things. 

So to start us off today, here are some ‘little things’ I’ve made which might make you smile and remind you to be on the look out for more of those God moments.😊


I’m believing your days will be filled with lots of little moments for you to enjoy and when they happen why not share them with someone else to lift their spirits as well, and give God the glory. 😊
Have a blessed weekend.x

3 comments:

  1. Those little things made me smile. Thank you. Your blog is part of my morning routine with God. I am not enjoying my job, but when someone is so grateful for what I have done for them, It gives me joy that I have helped someone in need. Those little moments bring a smile and give me the strength to carry on. Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Often, the little things are the big things and can provide an oasis in the middle of a difficult situation. The Microsoft issue yesterday caused us huge issues at work yesterday but something a security researcher wrote about it struck me funny and I was laughing to myself for hours afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely comments on how little things can change our perspective and lift us up. Thank you.😊

    ReplyDelete