Sunday 7 July 2024

GOD’S LOVE IS BETTER THAN LIFE

Psalm 63:3-8 (NLT) Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you! 
I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer. 
You satisfy me more than the richest feast. 
I will praise you with songs of joy. 
I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night. 
Because you are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings. 
I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely.

David was living in the wilderness of Judah when he wrote this psalm which is where John the Baptist preached and also probably where Jesus was tempted. It’s about 60 miles (95 km.) long and about 13 miles (21 km.) wide.

There are times when we can feel like we’re in a bit of a wilderness too. Those days when we can’t see any obvious progress, or it seems we’ve been passed over for some reason. It’s easy to listen to the enemy’s lies when we can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel but David had learned another secret. 

He knew that His God was worthy of all his praise no matter how things looked or what they felt like. He made a decision to draw on God Himself by keeping his thoughts on Him all through the long dark nights when he maybe couldn’t sleep.

He meditated on God’s loving kindness to him and how he knew God’s love would never fail him, no matter what happened in his life. He even went further and started to sing for sheer joy as he just knew God would uphold him and keep him safe in His strong right hand. When he says he clung on to God it implies that circumstances were trying to drag him away but he knew God had him safe and secure, and we can know that security too.😊

So take heart, next time you feel like you’re in a wilderness situation, why not take a leaf out of David’s book and follow his way of dealing with it, because he found that the Lord satisfied him in ways he probably hadn’t even thought of and best of all he just rested under the shadow of God’s wings of unfailing love.

No wonder we can praise our God today.😊


Photo by Kristian Egelund on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment