Monday 29 July 2024

TALKING TO OURSELVES!

Romans 12:2 Don’t copy the behaviour and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

I read the following quote the other day and it made me laugh! It said, ‘Sometimes I talk to myself and then we both laugh and laugh.’ I expect we all talk to ourselves sometimes and I know I’d rather laugh than cry!😊 

So often we have an inner conversation going on without even realising it. It’s all those thoughts in our heads trying to process our worries, what we’ve seen on the media, maybe in our families, or what others have said to us, and we can feel bogged down with it if we’re not careful. What we allow in and dwell on will affect our thought life and our emotions.

It’s why God says to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. It’s because they are so easily influenced by what’s happening round us or what we’ve been taught in the past, but not all of it was good or true. For instance some people were taught that God is mad at them but that’s so untrue! God’s not mad at us, He loves us deeply. 

So today is another nudge to encourage us to stop and listen to what we’re thinking, what we’re saying to ourselves, and if it’s a bit wonky ask the Lord to help us bring it in line with His word, to really be transformed in our thinking, like a caterpillar is to a butterfly. 

When we feel a bit down on ourselves we can say, “I’m fearfully and wonderfully made, I’m anointed by God to do what He calls me to do today. I am a ‘can do’ person because His grace says I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. God loves me and He has a purpose for my life and I matter to Him.”

I hope we get the idea and the next time we find we’re talking to ourselves we find we have a smile on our faces because we’re full of God’s uplifting, encouraging, joy filled thoughts. 

So Lord as we go into another week with You, help us to keep smiling, as we think and talk Your thoughts, not our own, and begin to learn more of Your good, pleasing and perfect will for us all.😊 In Jesus name. Amen.


Photo: Erik Karits at Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment