Sunday 21 July 2024

GOD IS OUR EVERYTHING

2 Samuel 22:2 NLT
He sang: “The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; 
my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. 
He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. 
He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence. 
I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies.

We find David once again singing songs of praise to the Lord for rescuing him from Saul and all his other enemies and they were quite a few! He’s just so encouraging because He’d been through many trials of every description and yet God had brought him out the other side every time.

It’s interesting though that he was constantly declaring, or singing, about what God was to him at any given moment - He was his rock, fortress, saviour, protection, shield, power, refuge, his place of safety.

We can say the same things because Jesus is our Saviour, our rock, the power that saves us, and so on. We could follow David’s example and declare all of those things over our own lives and give God all the glory He so deserves because when we stop and think about it we realise afresh how good our God is to us. He is so worthy of all our praise and I think we would all want to thank Him for not only keeping us safe all through our lives, but also for securing our home in heaven where we can spend eternity with Him for evermore, all because of Jesus.

So if you could do with being uplifted and put a smile on your face, maybe you’d like to read our verses again and join me in personalising them like he does😊…..

“Thank You heavenly Father for being everything to me, for being my rock, my fortress, my Saviour, the One who protects me. Thank You for being my shield, my place of safety, my refuge, for saving me from violence, for being the power that saves me. Praise You Lord, in Jesus mighty, wonderful name. Amen.”


Photo: Michael at Unsplash

3 comments:

  1. Amen and thank you for bringing to our remembrance these verses, so uplifting πŸ™ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we have small memories and forget the greatness and the glory of the lord. He is constantly with us and will never let us down. It is back to the little things of yesterday. Thank you for your blog and inspiration. πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always appreciate people taking the time to comment so thank you, it’s so encouraging. God is so good to us.πŸ˜ŠπŸ™

    ReplyDelete