Wednesday 10 July 2024

LOOKING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

Isaiah 55:8-9 (NKJV) “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And my thoughts than your thoughts.”

I expect we’ve all ended up in the wrong place at some point because we were going in the wrong direction. Or we looked for something but couldn’t find it because we were looking in the wrong place. It’s like when you can’t find your purse and then discover it in the fridge! I’ve done that!🤣

Life is like that spiritually as well. We maybe can’t find God’s healing when we’re looking in the wrong place because we’re looking only at the sickness and disease which fills our minds and our senses. God, however, says to look to Jesus wounds, to look in His word, find the promise of healing and believe it, declare it and stand on it and I can testify to God’s healing words working in my own life. Thank You Lord.

It’s similar with finances, we don’t find all our needs met by looking at our income or bank balance if it doesn’t have enough, and fretting about it. Instead we find our needs met by thanking God for all we have, and finding the promises of provision in scripture and taking them in faith, believing God to fulfil them. 

God’s ways are not our ways and maybe we need to grab a hold of that truth more and go to Him and say, ‘Show me Your way and I’ll do it, whether it makes sense to my brain or not.” The Christian life is a life of faith, not of reasoning things out. If it was, we wouldn’t need faith anyway!😊

God says ‘Give and then it will be given to you, good measure, pressed down and flowing over’. We may say, ‘Give me something first God and then I’ll give.’  

God says, ‘Let the poor say I am rich.’ We may say ‘The cost of living is increasing, I’m not rich!’ 

We go around confessing we are sick and God’s word says ‘By Jesus wounds I was and am healed.’ 

We want to say we’re feeling tired and weak. God tells us to say ‘I’m strong’. 

It may feel the opposite and not make sense but that’s when we have to decide to just do what God says, because in the spiritual realm all God says is true and He wants us to call it by faith into our physical realm.😊

I know God never said to argue with Him, He just said to obey Him and He will bless us. Maybe we need to start looking in the right direction, the direction of His word, and believe God to get us to where He wants us to be by just doing what He says, until we receive the promise. Amen.😊


Photo by Brendan Church on Unsplash


1 comment: