Saturday 4 May 2024

TUCKED IN TIGHT

Ruth 2:12 May the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge, reward you fully for what you have done.

I love that expression ‘under whose wings you have come to take refuge’. Can I ask whose wings you are taking refuge under and if it’s the Lord’s wings, are you tucked in tight?😊  We saw a beautiful swan the other day sitting on her huge nest and when she sailed off for a few minutes we saw at least two eggs she had been protecting under her wings but she soon let us know if we were coming too close!

Sometimes we can forget we have a refuge, a safe place, that His wings are covering us, and we find ourselves behaving as though we’re all on our own, as though God doesn’t care for us or protect us any more! Do we find ourselves getting frayed at the edges, stressed out over our circumstances? I know there are times I do! If so we’ve maybe forgotten we’re still sheltering under His wings, that God is still in control of our lives, or maybe we’ve wandered off and so we’re feeling vulnerable?

If that’s where you find yourself today just stand back a minute to see where you are and then declare the words of Psalm 91 out loud over yourself and come back under His wings, your place of safety. Don’t forget we have to declare it, not  just think it or read it!😊


Psalm 91:1-4 (NLT) Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armour and protection. 

Then just in case you still feel a bit wobbly remind yourself of Hebrews 13:5 …For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you. v6. So we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?

Well my lovely readers I hope this gentle reminder has nudged you to make sure you’re keeping well tucked in under His powerful wings and know His peace and loving care of you and for you will never cease. Amen.

Have a blessed weekend.x😊



Photo by Vincent Keiman on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment