Sunday 12 May 2024

OUR SOURCE OF NEW STRENGTH

Isaiah 40:28-29
Have you never heard? Have you never understood? 
The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. 
He never grows weak or weary. 
No one can measure the depths of his understanding. 
He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
v. 31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. 
They will soar high on wings like eagles. 
They will run and not grow weary. 
They will walk and not faint.

God has a word for anyone who is feeling weak or weary or powerless today. It might be weariness of spirit or body, or both! Our God knows how we feel and where we’re at, and He’s not mad at us and He’s not condemning us. 

He knows we get tired out sometimes and it’s important to rest, but even more important He wants us all to lift our eyes today to the One who never grows weak or weary. He is the source of all the strength we’re ever going to need and He asks us to put our trust and confidence in Him and draw on His strength. 

He says “Let the weak say I am strong.” (Joel 3:10) It’s interesting He wants us to say I am strong, (present tense) not going to be strong, putting it off into the future. God’s ways are not ours, are they? I know when I’m tired I want to tell somebody and say I’m tired!😆 But God says differently!

He promises us new strength, not a rehashed strength. It’s a supernatural strength only He can give us and we can only access it by faith in His word. He’s promised we’ll run and walk where we couldn’t before and I can testify to that. When it was so painful to walk for many months I kept declaring this verse that I will walk and not faint, and praise God, in the last few weeks I can. No pain! When God renews our strength, you do just want to fly!😊

All God asks is that we agree with Him and believe what He says, and let Him do what He says He will do. He never said to reason it out! 

So let’s put our hand in His today and believe He’s pouring His supernatural strength into our bodies and do as He says and keep saying all through the day “I am strong’, I will walk and run and soar like an eagle. In Jesus name. Amen.😊



Photo : Dulcey Lima on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment