Monday 27 May 2024

GOD’S PINGS

Psalm 119:49-50 Remember your promise to me; it is my only hope. Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles.

A lot of phones these day have a ‘ping’ facility where it reminds you it’s someone’s birthday, or you have an appointment to keep. It’s a great help as long as you’ve remembered to set the ‘ping’ in the first place!😊

I think we could all do with a ‘ping’ facility in our brains that ping with the words and promises of God which revive and comfort us in all our troubles. For instance, when we start to have a negative thought like ‘You’ll struggle today because you’re so tired.’ Instead the ping reminds us that God promises  ‘The Lord is my strength and His loving arms are underneath me holding me up. His grace is more than enough to help me do whatever I have to do today’. 

When the thought comes that you have so many worries and cares that you don’t know what to do, the ping reminds you “My God is for me, I cast all my cares on Him because He cares for me and He’s turning it all round for our good. Nothing is to hard for Him to deal with.”

Maybe you’re bothered with thoughts of not being good enough. Then hear the ping reminding you ‘God loves me. I am God’s masterpiece, His special treasure, I am the apple of His eye, I belong to Him and He’s watching over me all the time.’

How about this one? ‘I never get any good breaks, nothing good ever happens to me.’ Hear the ping remind you ‘God’s favour surrounds me like a shield, His goodness and mercy are chasing me down every day, and I’m walking into His good plans He’s prepared for me.

As we go into another week with the Holy Spirit I hope your ‘ping’ facility is set to go off all the time.😊  It will remind you of God’s promises and what His Word says about you, so you can walk in His victory, trampling over anything that disagrees with what God says about you, and remember you are very precious to Him. Amen.😊

Have a great week.x


Photo by Daria Nepriakhina πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ on Unsplash


No comments:

Post a Comment