Tuesday 28 May 2024

CARRY ON ANYWAY

Philippians 1:6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

The other day I needed to change the needle in my sewing machine as I’d just broken one through trying to force it to do something it didn’t want to do! As I was placing the new needle in the slot it slipped from my fingers and it disappeared down the hole below into the inner workings of the machine never to be seen again! One of those ‘Oh dear’ moments! 

Sometimes we do things with the best of intentions but it goes wrong despite our best efforts. I decided to risk carrying on anyway and hoped it wouldn’t mess up the machine. It was either that, or let my failure to do it right, stop me from doing what I still had to do!

When we get it wrong sometimes it’s good to just admit it and then carry on.😊 One of the devil’s tactics is to make us think we have to perform perfectly every time, and he condemns us when we don’t, in order to try to stop us in our tracks. But God says there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1). He’s taking us from glory to glory which lets us know we and everybody else haven’t arrived yet and there are learning curves on the way!

If we’ve had some broken needle moments, God is telling us not to be discouraged if we’ve been branching out in faith and we didn’t get it right the first or umpteenth time! I expect we’ve all discovered we need to humble ourselves sometimes, and allow the Lord to teach us some things so we grow into the maturity of our faith. Nobody goes from their first driving lesson on day one, to driving in the Grand Prix the next day, and even Formula One drivers have to keep practicing!😊 

So don’t give up if you’ve had a setback, or you’ve made a mistake somewhere, it happens to all of us. Get back up and with the help of the Holy Spirit let Him put you back on the road walking by faith, and not give up, but carry on anyway knowing He is still guiding you. You’re still a work in progress and He will continue His work in you, and me, until it is finally finished when Christ Jesus returns.😊

Thank You Lord You never give up on us and You still have good plans for us. In Jesus’ name. Amen.



Photo by Ilya lix on Unsplash,


No comments:

Post a Comment