Tuesday 8 October 2024

WHEN WE FEEL A BIT LOST

Luke 19:10 For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.

Have you ever been out in the woods and found yourself a bit lost? All the paths and trees look the same! Or you’ve been following your satnav but somehow you took the wrong turning and now you’re not where you should be and have to back track?

Life can be a bit like that, just walking along but being distracted by all kinds of things and suddenly we realise we’re wandering in our Christian walk and we find we’re not as close to the Lord as we maybe once were. That happened to me in my twenties and I discovered I was so off course I was in a total mess! I knew I was lost spiritually and my life felt like it was a crumbled heap.

I remember getting down on my knees and asking God to help me, to come in and take over my life as I was so lost and didn’t know what to do. Jesus did rescue me that day and gradually He put my life back together, bit by bit, one brick at a time. Thank God, Jesus came to seek and to save those of us who get lost! 

Our verse says Jesus comes and seeks us out, just like He did with Zacchaeus who was up a tree when Jesus found him.😊 Now you may not be up a tree, and you may not be as lost as I was, or you may just be at a place not knowing what to do, but perhaps you’re feeling a bit lost today for one reason or another.

If so, I just wanted to encourage you to know that Jesus is right with you, right now. He knows all about your circumstances, He understands where you’re at, and He wants you to turn to Him and ask Him to pick you up and help you get back on track if you’ve wandered off, or lost direction.

He’s never mad at you, He loves you, but He wants you close to Him, so He can help you find the path that’s right for you that will bless you, or to hold you steady when things are trying to pull you off course. He’ll never force you, but don’t put it off, ask Him to grab your hand and rescue you today, and like me, you’ll be so glad you did.😊 Thank You Jesus. Amen.


Photo by Deric on Unsplash


2 comments:

  1. Thankyou for uplifting me again. Bless God for His infinite patience with us and His loving care. Like the Shepherd with the lost sheep, He seeks us out and when He finds us He carries us home on His shoulders.
    It says in the word He carries the lambs close to His heart. Isaiah 40 v 11.
    Lambs need tender care and are weak, unable to do much on their own.
    They rely on mum for protection and sustenance,
    Just as we do with God and He never gives up on us xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an encouragement that is for us all. Thankyou.xx

      Delete