Saturday 5 October 2024

HUGGED UP!

Psalm 117:2 NLT For his unfailing love for us is powerful; the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever. Praise the Lord.

In a corner of my friend’s lounge she has this chair with a ‘hug’ of bears. Apparently a group of teddy bears is called a ‘Hug’!😊 They just looked so cute and teddy bears always make me think of hugs and cuddles and being loved and comforted.

I wonder if we forget that God loves us with a love that is greater than anything we can imagine, to the point of  suffering and dying for us so we can be with Him and be part of His family. His word tells us He really cares about us and that He’s holding us up through all the trials of life. He is so intimately aware of us that He knows when we get up and sit down.

He says He is actually holding our hand leading and guiding us through the maze of life and as long as we keep trusting Him He will bring to pass all of His wonderful plans He has to bless us. 

Jesus told us it won’t always be rosey, that we would have difficulties but He then added “Cheer up. I’ve overcome the world for you.” In other words, I’ve already gone ahead to work things out in your favour if you’ll keep close to Me.

Sometimes it’s good to be reminded of how deeply God loves each one of us, how important we are to Him, and how He longs to draw us close to Himself for fellowship if we’ll only allow Him to, instead of pushing Him away when things go pear shaped or we make a mistake.

Will you let Him give you, not a bear hug today, but a God hug which is infinitely better and more comforting? 😊

I pray your weekend will be blessed and ‘hugged up’ by your heavenly Father. In Jesus name. Amen.💕



3 comments:

  1. Good to hear this word today. Just what I needed. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I needed to hear this morning! I prayed your blog would speak to me and it did!
    Thankyou my lovely friend for your apt and comforting words.
    Thankyou Lord for the God hugs you give us. I receive mine today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it helped. God always knows just what we need. Thank You Lord.

    ReplyDelete