Sunday 22 September 2024

THE LORD WILL COME FOR US

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 NLT For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. So encourage each other with these words.

We don’t often hear the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus preached today but when I was growing up we would hear it often and encouraged to be ready for Jesus’ return. 

In Matthew 25:1-13 Jesus gave a very strong warning in the story of the ten virgins, five were ready for His return and entered in to be with the bridegroom, and five were not! So it would be good to remember that Jesus is coming back for all those who have put their trust in Him and are ready, looking and eager for His return. 

We plan and prepare for a holiday, for our careers, for retirement, but what about eternity? Are we ready and prepared for eternity?

Have a look at 1 Corinthians 15:51-53 God is giving us all that reminder today - Jesus is coming back and it could be any time, in the blink of an eye! Are we ready, are we eagerly waiting to see Him and hear the trumpet calling us home?

1 Corinthians 1:7-8 NLT Now you have every spiritual gift you need as you eagerly wait for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from all blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns. 

I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to be found growing cold towards God, wandering off doing my own thing. I want our Lord Jesus Christ to find me in the ‘eagerly waiting’ bunch so He keeps me strong to the end, ready and waiting for Him to come and take me home. How about you?😊 

If you’re not sure if you’re ready but you’d like to be, then pray this prayer from your heart and say, “Lord Jesus, thank You for dying on the Cross for me, I repent of all my sins, please wash me clean. I believe you rose from the dead and I make You my Lord and Saviour today. Come into my heart, into my whole life, and fill me with Your Holy Spirit so I’m ready for You to come back for me. In Jesus name. Amen.”

1 comment: