Tuesday 10 August 2021

LET GOD ARISE TODAY

Psalm 68:1 Let God arise, Let His enemies be scattered;...(Nkjv)

Today we're looking at the 'arise' and as I was thinking about our verse I remembered I once asked a lady, who sold her cakes at a Country Market, what her secret was to make such lovely light sponges and buns. She explained that she added a dessertspoonful of cold water to the mixture which evaporated in the heat of the oven which helped to make them 'arise'! Useful tip I always use now! 

Now there are ways to make a cake rise and there are ways to overcome our enemies and one of them is in our verse. It says God will arise and scatter our enemies but it's interesting it says 'Let God'.

It's like the verse 'Let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid' (John 14:27). We have to 'let it' happen or 'not let it' happen for us as individuals. For instance have you ever felt miserable and someone comes to try to cheer you up but you don't 'want' to be cheered up? We're enjoying being miserable and feeling sorry for ourselves! We wont 'let' them help us. We are 'letting ourselves' be pressed down, depressed, by satan.

It's the same principle with 'let God arise'. The opposite of depressed is lifted up, letting joy arise. What are we 'letting arise' in our thinking and in our attitudes? Are we letting God's Word and His thoughts rise up and be uppermost, letting His great love wrap round us, knowing and believing He's affectionately caring for us? Or are we letting negative stuff arise?

So may I ask what enemies are pressing in on you today? No doubt you might list a few! Remember your enemies are God's enemies and He wants to scatter them. So, may I encourage us all to remember to let God arise and agree with Him...

Lord You said 'no weapon formed against me would prosper'. You said 'by Jesus wounds I am healed', You said 'we are blessed coming in and going out', You said 'Your grace is more than enough to get me through this day in victory'. You said 'I can call on You and You'll help me so I call on You now and let You arise in my life and trust You to scatter my enemies before me. I praise You for You are mighty to rescue me from whatever is trying to discourage or defeat me. Thank You Lord so much. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment