I wonder if you’ve stopped to smell the roses lately? When I walk into our village I pass a garden which is absolutely full of roses and I like to lean over their wall to smell them as they’re just too beautiful to ignore!😊
Earlier this week we were in Belper, Derbyshire and we took our own coffee and scones with home made jam, and sat in the sunshine in the park where we’d never sat before, and enjoyed a very yummy, happy moment or two.😊
The park itself had big African marigolds so I rescued some of the dead seed heads and brought them home to hopefully plant for next year which will be a lovely reminder of a happy morning. Even on the way to the park we came across this beautiful display of clematis flowers which I photographed for you all to see, it was just so stunning.😊So why am I telling you all that? It’s just a little reminder once again that there are blessings the Lord is constantly pouring out on us but we have to recognise them and take the time to enjoy them, to appreciate His goodness and kindness to us, to acknowledge they are all from Him, not just a coincidence.
One day this week our daughter sent an odd text at 9 a.m. saying, “Can I have a piece of toast?” I texted back “Yes”, thinking she was joking, but she then texted, “I’m standing outside your front door!” What a lovely surprise! No warning, just a spur of the moment idea she’d had and it blessed me so much!😊
Why not give someone else a surprise moment, lift their spirits, send them a card or a text or leave a surprise parcel on their doorstep. Stop on your walk and just breathe in the joy of being able to walk anywhere, to look in someone’s garden and enjoy the fruit of their labours. Watch the little ladybirds when they appear and count their spots. Whatever the moment brings let’s practice enjoying and living in that moment, and give God all the glory!
Have a blessed weekend everybody, and I pray you find some moments to enjoy.x😊

Absolutely beautiful thoughts.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely start to the day. Blessyou and thankyou Jackie xxx
Aw so lovely and uplifting, a beautiful start to the day...xx
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord Almighty for each new day. Amen!