17/08/2026

GOD SEES OUR POTENTIAL

Philippians 1:6 NKJV being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;


When I was beach-coming on a Somerset beach some time ago I brought home a lumpy bit of driftwood which looked really boring but I thought I could do something with it. I eventually painted big daisies growing up it’s sides and now it’s used as a door stop. At least it looks more interesting and is more useful than it was!😊

On another level altogether Michelangelo looked at a piece of marble and thought he could do something with it too and ended up producing the world famous sculpture called ‘David’. He looked at a ceiling and with his God given genius he painted the Sistine Chapel. He saw the amazing potential within them!😊

I just felt the Lord saying He looked at you and me and thought to Himself, I can do something with them. No matter how unimpressive we feel we are, with His own genius God can make something wonderful with our lives if we offer them to Him to work with.

As we look back, we can see how God has been chipping a bit off us here, a bit off there, just like Michelangelo when he took a piece of marble, because he could see the treasure hidden inside. God looks at us and sees the treasure He has hidden in us too. So don’t let’s complain when He puts us on the potter’s wheel to reshape us. Let’s be glad He wants to, and that He has something wonderful in mind.😊

After all, God says we are His masterpiece, His special treasure, that we are precious to Him. In fact, you may not feel like it, but you are a work of art in God’s studio and you will be absolutely priceless when He’s finished. What a happy thought to go into our new week and all for the glory of God!😊 Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jackie, what a thought
    Indeed...xx
    Praise the Lord God Almighty in Jesus precious name Amen and Amen!

    ReplyDelete