28/09/2026

ONE OF THOSE DAYS!

Hebrews 13:6 AMPC So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently and boldly say, The Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm [I will not fear or dread or be terrified]. What can man do to me?

I expect we all have ‘one of those days’ from time to time
and I had one the other day when I broke a tooth! I was given an emergency appointment at the dentist for the next day, but the next morning I was told it had been cancelled and no new appointments till next year! The lady was most unhelpful and I was somewhat ruffled!

A few minutes later I was hanging the washing out on the clothes line, muttering under my breath, when the line collapsed on the wet grass! It was at that point I knew the enemy was having a go and everything in the garden was not rosey!

None of us likes those times and it’s when we need to call on the Holy Spirit to give us grace to handle what’s happening. I certainly needed it at that moment!😊

It’s a bit like when we need to press the F1 button on a computer when we need help. We have a heavenly F1 button and we can call on F for Father, 1 for first. Who do you go to first for help? The Holy Spirit is within us and He is our Helper no matter what is happening. So I asked Him for help.😊 

Amazingly the first dentist I rang was miraculously taking new NHS patients and could see me next day! What a turn around! I ended up with a much better dentist than I had before.

Life gets to us all sometimes and finds our weak spots, but God is so gracious and forgiving and He still loves us even when we get seriously wound up! We may learn some areas we need to let the Holy Spirit work on in our lives, as I know I did.

So as we go into our new week, if you find yourself having ‘one of those days’, take a deep breath, press your inner F1 button for help and allow the Holy Spirit to step in and bring back some calm and peace and wisdom! He’s more than able to turn things around for us if we ask. Amen.😊

4 comments:

  1. What an encouraging blog!
    God is good. Good came out of bad for you . You've got a better dentist. God turns things that were meant for evil to good in our lives. Praise Him. This is a perfect example.
    Thankyou Jackie for sharing your life,s happenings with us and encouraging us daily. May the Lord bless you and all you do for him . Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and Amen to the above message x 🙏 🙏🙏 Thankyou Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw so good to hear you got sorted, Praise the Lord!
    Thank you for sharing, Jackie. Xx
    Praise the Lord God Almighty in Jesus precious name Amen!

    ReplyDelete